This notice is issued in accordance with Section 57 of the Companies Act no 10 of 2017 of the Laws of Zambia.
NOTICE IS HEREBY given that the 50th Annual General Meeting of the fully paid up members of Zambia National Commercial Bank Plc in respect of the period ended 31st December 2019, will be held at the Taj Pamodzi Hotel in Lusaka, Zambia on Friday, 27th March, 2020 commencing at 10:00 hours to transact the following:
- Call to order, tabling of proxies and announcement regarding quorum
- Adoption of Minutes
To consider, confirm, adopt and sign the minutes of the 49th Annual General Meeting held on 29th March 2019.
- Presentation by Zanaco Plc Chief Executive Officer
- Adoption of the Chairman’s Report, Director’s Report and Financial Statements
To receive and adopt the Company’s Audited Financial Statements for Financial Year ended 31st December 2019 together with the reports of the Chairman, Directors and Auditors.
To consider the recommendation of the Board of Directors regarding the dividend for the year ended 31st December 2019.
- Amendment of Company Articles of Association
To approve, by special resolution, the amendment of the Articles of Association.
- Appointment of Director
In accordance with Article 118 of the Articles of Association, to confirm the appointment of Mrs Chearyp Mkandawire Sokoni who was appointed as a Non-Executive Director on the Board of Directors since the previous Annual General Meeting.
- Appointment of Auditors
To consider and adopt the recommendation for the appointment of the Auditors of the Company, for the Financial Year ending 31st December 2020 and authorise the Directors to set the Auditors’ remuneration.
- To transact any other business as may properly be transacted at the Annual General Meeting
Resolutions to be considered during the Annual General Meeting
- Resolution 1 – Adoption of Minutes
- Resolution 2 – Adoption of the Chairman’s Report, Director’s Report and Financial Statements
- Resolution 3 – Dividend
- Resolution 4 – Amendment of Company Articles of Association
- Resolution 5 – Appointment of Director
- Resolution 6 – Appointment of Auditors
Note: A member entitled to attend and vote at the meeting is entitled to appoint a proxy to attend, speak and, on a poll, vote in his/her stead. The proxy need not be a shareholder. The Proxy form must be lodged at the Registered Office of the Company at ZANACO Head Office Cairo Road, Lusaka not less than 48 hours before commencement of the Annual General Meeting. Proxy forms are available from the office of the Bank Secretary, Zanaco Head Office, Cairo Road, Lusaka, Zambia.
By Order of the Board
Kaluba G Kaulung’ombe-Inampasa
Issued in Lusaka, Zambia on 06 March 2020
|Lusaka Securities Exchange Sponsoring Broker|
|T | +260-211-232456|
E | [email protected]
W | www.sbz.com.zm
Stockbrokers Zambia Limited (SBZ) is a founder member of the Lusaka Securities Exchange and is regulated by the Securities and Exchange Commission of Zambia
First Issued on 06 March 2020