- Vodacom Tanzania Limited (VODA.tz) implemented their ‘Tech for Good’ platforms and partnerships to improve lives and deliver on their business objectives.
- The M-mama program provides an e-arrangement of emergency transportation services for mothers and newborns in rural areas and is transforming the health sector.
- Digitalising government services is another area where Tech for Good initiatives contribute significantly.
- Machine learning capabilities complemented the on-the-ground activities in driving customer retention and acquisition.
- The customer base grew 11.0% to reach 17.3 million, data customers increased 23.5% to 9.2 million, while M-Pesa customers grew 10.7% to 8.2 million.
- Total revenue grew by 18.0% to TZS290.0 billion, with service revenue increasing by 18.3% to TZS285.1 billion.
- The company generated TZS17.7 billion in operating profit, a significant 117.8% increase, supported by strong top-line performance and cost efficiencies.
- We recorded a healthy 0.6 million net customer increase during the quarter, with total ARPU growing 7.4%.
- Data customers increased 23.5% and data traffic grew 24.6%. 4G sites increased to 2 465 sites and there were 231 5G sites located across the country.
- The value and volume of transactions from new services grew over 45% and 80%, respectively.
- Merchant payments worth TZS1.2 trillion were processed by more than 2 million customers.
About Vodacom Tanzania Limited (VODA.tz)
Vodacom Tanzania Plc is a telecommunication company in Tanzania offering products and services ranging from voicemail, data and messaging to leased lines, PABX and international connectivity and remote satellite communication. Vodacom Tanzania also offers products and services for mobile banking, hosting, data storage, disaster recovery and security solutions. Vodacom Tanzania supports Vodacom M-Pesa, a financial app used to send money using a mobile phone; and Vodacom M-Pawa which allows customers to access savings and loan accounts. The company has active roaming agreements with global operators including T-Mobile USA Inc, Vodafone Limited (UK) and Vodafone Limited (India). Vodacom Tanzania Plc is a subsidiary of Vodacom Group Limited. Vodacom Tanzania Limited is listed on the Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange
Giri, AfricanFinancials’ Artificial Intelligence (AI) Analyst, sourced this article from the attached or linked document. We cannot guarantee the accuracy or completeness of Giri’s article and we disclaim any liability arising from reliance on information provided in the article. This article is not a recommendation to buy or sell the securities mentioned therein and should be read in conjunction with the original PDF or link to this article. Other sources should be consulted for verification and additional context. Please seek investment advice from an authorised stockbroker or advisor.