Notice is hereby given that the 49th Annual General Meeting (AGM) of Standard Chartered Bank Zambia Plc in respect of the period ended 31 December 2019, will be held at the Intercontinental Hotel in Lusaka, Zambia on Tuesday 31st March 2019 at 10:00 hours for the following purposes:
- Call to order, tabling proxies, and announcement regarding quorum
- Resolution 1 – Adoption of Minutes
To confirm, adopt and sign the Minutes of the AGM held on 29 March 2019.
- Resolution 2- Adoption of Chairman’s Report, Directors’ Report and Financial Statements
To receive, approve and adopt the Financial Statements for the year ended 31 December 2019 and the reports of the Chairman, Directors and Auditors.
- Resolution 3 – Dividend
To approve a recommendation from the Board of Directors not to declare a dividend for the year ended 31 December 2019.
- Resolution 4 – Appointment of Auditors
To appoint EY as auditors from the conclusion of this Annual General Meeting until the conclusion of the next Annual General Meeting and to authorize the Directors to set their remuneration.
- Resolution 5 – Appointment and Re-Appointment of Directors
To re-elect each of Caleb M Fundanga, Robin P Miller, Doreen Kapambwe Chiwele, Munakopa Sikaulu, Kweku Bedu-Addo and Herman Kasekende, who retire by rotation, in terms of the Companies Act, and who, being eligible, offer themselves for re-election.
- Resolution 6 – Remuneration of the Directors
To authorize the Board to fix the remuneration of the Directors.
- To transact any other business that may properly be transacted at the Annual General Meeting.
A member entitled to attend and vote at the meeting is entitled to appoint one or more proxies to attend, speak, and, on a poll, vote in his/her stead. Proxy forms are available from the Company Secretary.
By Order of the Board
Rose N Kavimba