South Central Africa’s companies are the smallest in Sub-Saharan Africa excluding South Africa with the largest company ranking number 36 of the Top 30 companies in Sub-Saharan Africa excluding South Africa.
Dramatic price movements of some Zambia stocks in the past year; Copperbelt Energy Corp, Zambia Sugar Plc and ZANACO were up 118, 203% and 227% respectively.
1 of the 5 countries represented in the report had positive US$ returns (YTD):
- Zambia 27.9%
Fundamental valuation outliers
NOTE: Valuations figures are listed as at 30 September 2022. Please click on the company name for an updated share price.
Companies with the highest and lowest Return on Equity
- Airtel Malawi 89.7% with a share price at 51.18 MWK
- RDC Properties Limited 6.9% with a share price at 2.18 BWP
Companies with the highest and lowest Price to Earnings Ratio
- EcoCash Holdings Zimbabwe 86.8x with a share price at 55.99 ZWL
- Engen Botswana Limited 4.3x with a share price at 10.90 BWP
Companies with the highest and lowest Dividend Yield
- StanChart Zambia 15.9% with a share price at 1.33 ZMK
- Namibian Breweries, EcoCash Holdings Zimbabwe, and Zambian Breweries are currently not paying dividends.
Companies with the highest and lowest Price to Book Value Ratio
- EcoCash Holdings Zimbabwe 20.33x with a share price at 55.99 ZWL
- Standard Bank Namibia 0.56x with a share price at 4.70 ZMK
Download the full report
Sign up to The Investor Mailing List to receive equities reports for listed companies in Sub-Saharan African markets in your email inbox, and to AfricanFinancials’ Equity Valuation Insights LinkedIn page for access to African stock market valuation insights, annual and earnings reports.