Notice is hereby given that the 20th Annual General Meeting of Members of Seed Co International Limited (“the Company”) will be held via a Virtual Meeting on Wednesday the 26th of August 2020, at 0900 hours. Members will be asked to consider, and if deemed fit, to pass with or without modification, the resolutions set out below: –
ORDINARY BUSINESS: As ordinary resolutions:
- Approval of Financial Statements and Reports
- To receive, consider and adopt the Annual Financial Statements and Reports of the Directors and Auditors for the year ended 31 March 2020.
- Appointment of Directors
- To note the retirement of Mr Neil Armstrong from the Board effective after the AGM in terms of Article 12.2.8 of the Articles of Association.
- To note the retirement of Mr Samson Ruwisi from the Board effective after the AGM in terms of Article 12.2.8 of the Articles of Association.
- To note the retirement of Mr Chance Kabaghe who retire by rotation in terms of Article 12.2.8 of the Articles of Association, and who being eligible, offer himself for re-election.
- To elect new Directors in place of Messrs Neil Armstrong and Samson Ruwisi who are retiring from the Board, Messrs Kushatha Moswela and Rudolph de Wet and who being eligible, offer themselves for election. Motions for election will be moved individually.
- Approval of Directors’ fees
To note the approval of Directors’ fees for the year ended 31 March 2020.
To approve the remuneration of the auditors for the past audit and re-appoint Ernst & Young, Chartered Accountants (Botswana) as auditors for the current year.
- No dividend has been declared for the year ended 31 March 2020 in order to preserve cash resources and safeguard the business amidst the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Registration of the AGM
- In light of the current worldwide regulations which prohibit gatherings in excess of 50 people and promoting social distance on account of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Annual General Meeting will be held virtually. Members can participate using the following link https://eagm.creg.co.zw/eagmzim/Login.aspx#. Please contact Setfree Nhapi for assistance with registration for the annual general meeting, email: [email protected]
The Company’s Annual Report is now available on the Company’s website, https://www.seedcogroup.com/investors/results/annual-reports, copies of the Annual Report have also been sent to Shareholders whose emails are on record.
By Order of the Board
22 July 2020
A member entitled to attend and vote at the meeting may appoint one or more proxies to attend, vote and speak in their stead. The proxy need not be a member of the company.
To be effective, the form of the proxy must be lodged at the company’s office at least 48 hours before the meeting.