Safaricom’s US$5.0bn market capitalisation accounts for 25% of market capitalisation of the Top 30 companies and its weighting skews the data.
East Africa, Mauritius and Seychelles markets US$ returns were down 15.3% year to date in June 2023.
3 markets in the report have positive US$ returns year to date:-
- Seychelles 3.7%
- Uganda 3.7%
- Tanzania 1.7%
Fundamental valuation outliers
NOTE: Valuations figures are listed as at 30 June 2023. Please click on the company name for updated share price.
Companies with the highest and lowest Return on Equity
- East African Breweries 74.0% with a share price at 155.00 KES.
- Vodacom Tanzania 5.4% with a share price at 770.00 TZS.
Companies with the highest and lowest Price to Earnings Ratio
- Vodacom Tanzania 38.7x with a share price at 770.00 TZS.
- KCB Bank 2.3x with a share price at 29.30 KES.
Companies with the highest and lowest Dividend Yield
- Stanbic Uganda 17.7% with a share price at 26.00 UGX.
- Vodacom Tanzania is currently not paying dividends.
Companies with the highest and lowest Price to Book Value Ratio
- Tanzania Cigarette Company 10.61x with a share price at 17,000 TZS.
- SBM Holdings Ltd 0.36x with a share price at 4.50 MUR.
Download the full report
Sign up to The Investor Mailing List to receive equities reports for listed companies in Sub-Saharan African markets in your email inbox, and to AfricanFinancials’ Equity Valuation Insights LinkedIn page for access to African stock market valuation insights, annual and earnings reports.