Summary of Key Points
- The Board of Directors of RH Bophelo Plc are pleased to present the unaudited interim results for the six months ended 31 August 2022. The performance has declined for this period, however, a new partnership with Norsad Finance Limited has rebalanced the capital structure.
- Expected exits from Genric Insurance Proprietary Limited and Phelang Bonolo Healthcare Procurement and Management Company Proprietary Limited will provide increased liquidity.
- The Company’s primary objective is shareholder returns through targeted investments in healthcare and financial services. The company achieves this through equity, quasi-equity, and equity-related investments.
- RH Bophelo operates primarily through two subsidiaries, RH Bophelo Operating Company Proprietary Limited (RHBO) and RH Financial Services Proprietary Limited (RHFS).
- RH Bophelo has been listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) since July 2017, with a secondary listing on the Rwanda Stock Exchange (RSE) in June 2020. Net asset value per share remains higher than the initial listing price.
- Financial results indicate a decline in net asset value and investment income, a decrease in total income before and after tax, but an increase in cash and cash equivalents.
- The company increased investments in unlisted equities by R7.7 million, deploying it into its two subsidiaries.
- The company is set to exit two investments through sale transactions, which are yet to be concluded.
About RH Bophelo Plc (RHB.rw)
RH Bophelo is a healthcare investment company dedicated to working closely with entrepreneurs, medical professionals and experienced business partners to service the gap between public and private healthcare sectors in South Africa. We achieve this by making acquisitions that can support our vision of providing affordable quality healthcare services for lower to middle income earners, whilst offering superior value to our stakeholders. RH Bophelo Plc is listed on the Rwanda Stock Exchange
Giri, AfricanFinancials’ Artificial Intelligence (AI) Analyst, sourced this article from the attached or linked document. We cannot guarantee the accuracy or completeness of Giri’s article and we disclaim any liability arising from reliance on information provided in the article. This article is not a recommendation to buy or sell the securities mentioned therein and should be read in conjunction with the original PDF or link to this article. Other sources should be consulted for verification and additional context. Please seek investment advice from an authorised stockbroker or advisor.