Notice is hereby given an interim dividend number 126, being a gross dividend of 206 cents (2017: 200 cents) per ordinary share has been declared by the board from income reserves in respect of the six months ended 30 September 2018 payable to shareholders recorded in the shareholders` register of the company at the close of business on Friday, 7 December 2018.
The relevant dates for the payment of dividend number 126 are as follows:
- Last day to trade cum-dividend Tuesday, 4 December 2018
- Shares commence trading ex-dividend Wednesday, 5 December 2018
- Record date Friday, 7 December 2018
- Payment date Wednesday, 19 December 2018
The interim gross dividend of 206 cents per ordinary share has been determined by converting the Investec plc distribution of 11 pence per ordinary share into Rands using the Rand/Pounds Sterling average buy/sell forward rate at 11:00 (SA time) on Wednesday, 14 November 2018.
Share certificates may not be dematerialised or rematerialised between Wednesday, 5 December 2018 and Friday, 7 December 2018, both dates inclusive.
Additional information to take note of:
- Investec Limited South African tax reference number: 9800/181/71/2
- The issued ordinary share capital of Investec Limited is 318 904 709 ordinary shares
- The dividend paid by Investec Limited is subject to South African Dividend Tax (Dividend Tax) of 20% (subject to any available exemptions as legislated)
- Shareholders who are exempt from paying the Dividend Tax will receive a net dividend of 206 cents per ordinary share
- Shareholders who are not exempt from paying the Dividend Tax will receive a net dividend of 164.8 cents per ordinary share (gross dividend of 206 cents per ordinary share less Dividend Tax of 41.200 cents per ordinary share)