NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the fifty fifth (55th) Annual General Meeting (“AGM”) of EVEREADY East Africa Plc (the “Company”) will be held via electronic communication (virtual/online meeting) on Friday, 4th March 2022 at 2.30 p.m. to conduct the following business:
1. Constitution of the Meeting
To determine if a quorum is present, and to read the notice convening the meeting.
2. Confirmation of Minutes
To confirm the minutes of the fifty fourth (54th) Annual General Meeting held on Thursday 22nd July 2021.
3. Ordinary Business
(i)Report of the Auditors and Financial Statements for the Year Ended 30 September 2021: To receive, consider and, if approved, adopt the Company’s audited Financial Statements for the year ended 30th September 2021 together with the reports of the Chairperson, Directors and Auditors thereon.
(ii) Election of Directors:
- Mr. Joseph Sitati will retire by rotation in accordance with Article 91 of the Company’s Articles of Association and being eligible, offers himself for re-election.
- Mr. Akif Butt will retire by rotation in accordance with Article 91 of the Company’s Articles of Association and being eligible, offers himself for re-election.
(iii) Board Audit Committee Membership:
In accordance with the provisions of Section 769 of the Companies Act, 2015, the following directors be re-elected to serve as members of the Board Audit Committee:
- Mr. Joseph Sitati (Chairperson);
- Mrs. Lucy W. Waithaka; and
- Ms. Fauzia Shah.
iv) Remuneration of Directors:
- To approve the Directors Remuneration Policy contained in the Director’s Remuneration Report for the year ended 30th September 2021.
- To approve the Directors Remuneration Report for the year ended 30th September 2021. (Other than the part relating to the Directors Remuneration Policy)
v) Appointment and Remuneration of Auditors
To re- appoint Messrs. RSM Eastern Africa LLP as Auditors for the for the financial year and to authorize the Board of directors to fix their remuneration for the ensuing financial year.
4. Other Business
To transact any other business for which appropriate notice has been issued and received.
By Order of the Board
Lawrence Kibet (Mr.)
8th February 2022
The contents of the post above were obtained from third parties, which We, AfricanFinancials, believe to be reliable. However, We do not guarantee their accuracy and the above information may be in condensed form. The reader is encouraged to refer to the original source of the information, which, in most cases, is in PDF format and on the originating company's letterhead. While We endeavour to replicate the original content accurately, We cannot guarantee the absence of errors in the above article and We disclaim any liability regarding reliance on information provided in this article.