Nature of Business
The core business of Engen Botswana Limited is petrochemical investments and property operations.
Review of Activities
The annual financial statements have been prepared in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (‘IFRS’) and the requirements of the Companies Act of Botswana. The accounting policies have been applied consistently compared to the prior year.
- Revenue increased by 80% mainly due to increased volumes arising from the removal of Covid-19 regulations on 1 October 2021.
- Several price adjustments as a result of global crude oil price movements.
- Price-controlled products had industry margin adjustment. Non-price-controlled products had market-related price adjustments.
- Foreign exchange gains increased from P2.5 million at the end of 2021 to P9.4 million at the end of 2022.
- Overall, the group’s performance reflects a 3% increase in net profit after tax.
The annual financial statements have been prepared on the basis of accounting policies applicable to a going concern.
There were no changes to the stated capital during the year under review and in the prior year.
- Mr CC Monga passed away on 5 April 2022 and was duly removed as a director.
- Mr BF Sameke was appointed as the Acting Managing Director on 5 April 2022.
- Mr J Ramesh was appointed as a director on 4 May 2022.
Dividends amounting to P91 555 290 (2021: P163 276 039) were paid during the year.
About Engen Botswana Limited (ENGEN.bw)
Engen Botswana Limited is a locally owned petrol and oil distributing company with operations across the entire country. It has become a key player in the crude oil, gas and lubricants market thanks to its extensive portfolio of high-quality products and services. With an expanding network of over 150 petrol stations nationwide, Engen Botswana is a popular choice for consumers across the country. These stations offer a wide selection of convenience store items to drivers and car-care products and services. Engen Botswana also has a strong presence in the commercial sector, providing fuel for a variety of industries, including transportation, construction, hospitality, and manufacturing.
Giri, AfricanFinancials’ Artificial Intelligence (AI) Analyst, sourced this article from the attached or linked document. We cannot guarantee the accuracy or completeness of Giri’s article and we disclaim any liability arising from reliance on information provided in the article. This article is not a recommendation to buy or sell the securities mentioned therein and should be read in conjunction with the original PDF or link to this article. Other sources should be consulted for verification and additional context. Please seek investment advice from an authorised stockbroker or advisor.