Notice is hereby given that the 73rd Annual General Meeting of members will be held virtually at https://escrowagm.com/eagmZim/Login.aspx on Thursday 25 August 2022 at 08:30 hours. Following is the Agenda for the meeting:-
- To approve minutes of the 72nd Annual General Meeting held on 30th June 2021.
- To receive and adopt the annual financial statements and reports of the directors and auditors for the financial year ending 09 January 2022.
NB: The full annual report can be viewed online at www.edgars.co.zw
- To appoint directors in accordance with the provisions of the Company’s Articles of Association.
3.1 Mr. C. Claasen, having been appointed after the 2021 AGM, retires by rotation at this Annual General Meeting and being eligible offers himself for re-election.
3.2 Mr. S. Mushosho, having been appointed after the 2021 AGM, retires by rotation at this Annual General Meeting and being eligible offers himself for re-election.
3.3 Mr. R. Mlotshwa retires by rotation and being eligible, offers himself for re-election.
3.4 Mr. V. Mpofu retired from the Company and the Board on 31 January 2022 and therefore does not seek re-election.
- To approve the remuneration of the directors for the year ended 09 January 2022.
- To approve the remuneration of the auditors for the year ended 09 January 2022.
- To re-appoint auditors for the ensuing year. Messrs Deloitte and Touche have indicated their willingness to be appointed as independent auditors of the company for the second year.
NOTE: In terms of section 171 of the Companies and Other Business Entities Act (Chapter 24:31), a member entitled to attend and vote at a meeting is entitled to appoint a proxy to attend and vote on a poll and speak in his stead. A proxy need not be a member of the Company. Proxy forms should be forwarded to reach the office of the Company Secretary at least 48(forty-eight) hours before the commencement of the meeting.
Please complete the Proxy form available on the website to appoint a proxy. Visit www.edgars.co.zw
Duly completed Proxy forms must be lodged with or posted to the Group Company Secretary, Edgars Stores Limited, 9th Avenue/Herbert Chitepo, Bulawayo or the Transfer Secretary, Corpserve Registrars (Pty) Ltd at Corner Kwame Nkrumah/1st Street P.O Box 2208, Harare and to be received by not later than 0900hrs on 23 August 2022.
Members are hereby advised to use the dedicated Corpserve helpline on +263 242 750599-61, +263 772 289 768 or +263 779 145 849 for assistance with online AGM processes.
By Order of the Board
01 August 2022