Notice is hereby given that the 74th Annual General Meeting of members will be held at the Edgars Training Auditorium, 1st Floor LAPF House, 8th Avenue/Jason Moyo Street, Bulawayo on Thursday 15 June 2023 at 08:30 hours. Following is the Agenda for the meeting:-
1. To approve minutes of the 73rd Annual General Meeting held on 25th August 2022.
2. To receive and adopt the annual financial statements and reports of the directors and auditors for the financial year ending 08 January 2023.
NB: The full annual report can be viewed online at www.edgars.co.zw
3. To appoint directors in accordance with the provisions of the Company's Articles of Association.
3.1 Mr. T.N. Sibanda retires by rotation and being eligible, offers himself for re-election.
3.2 Mr. C.F. Dube retires by rotation and being eligible, offers himself for re-election.
3.3 Mr. M. Hosack retires by rotation and being eligible, offers himself for re-election.
3.4 To note the retirement of Mr. R. Mlotshwa from the Board with effect from 01 December 2022.
4. To approve the remuneration of the directors for the year ended 08 January 2023.
5. To approve the remuneration of the auditors for the year ended 08 January 2023.
6. To re-appoint auditors for the ensuing year. Messrs Deloitte and Touche have indicated their willingness to be appointed as independent auditors of the company for the third year.
NOTE: In terms of section 171 of the Companies and Other Business Entities Act (Chapter 24:31), a member entitled to attend and vote at a meeting is entitled to appoint a proxy to attend and vote on a poll and speak in his stead. A proxy need not be a member of the Company. Proxy forms should be forwarded to reach the office of the Company Secretary at least 48 (forty-eight) hours before the commencement of the meeting.
Please complete the Proxy form available on the website to appoint a proxy. Visit www.edgars.co.zw
Duly completed Proxy forms must be lodged with or posted to the Group Company Secretary, Edgars Stores Limited, 9th Avenue/Herbert Chitepo, Bulawayo or the Transfer Secretary, Corpserve Registrars (Pty) Ltd at Corner Kwame Nkrumah/1st Street P.O Box 2208, Harare and to be received by not later than 0900hrs on 13 June 2023.
Members are hereby advised to use the dedicated Corpserve helpline on +263 242 750599-61, +263 772 289 768 or +263 779 145 849 for assistance with directions to the venue.
By Order of the Board
23 May 2023
The contents of the post above were obtained from third parties, which We, AfricanFinancials, believe to be reliable. However, We do not guarantee their accuracy and the above information may be in condensed form. The reader is encouraged to refer to the original source of the information, which, in most cases, is in PDF format and on the originating company's letterhead. While We endeavour to replicate the original content accurately, We cannot guarantee the absence of errors in the above article and We disclaim any liability regarding reliance on information provided in this article.