EDGARS: Notice of 63rd Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the 63rd Annual General Meeting of members will be held at the Royal Harare Golf Club, 5th Street Extension, Harare on Wednesday, 6 June 2012 at 08.30 hours:-
- To approve minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on 16 June 2011.
- To receive and adopt the annual financial statements and the reports of the directors and auditors for the financial year ending 07 January 2012.
- To appoint directors in accordance with the provisions of the Company’s Articles of Association.
- Mr. TN Sibanda and Mr. Z Vella retire by rotation. Being eligible they will offer themselves for re-election.
- Mr. JB Galloway, having been appointed subsequent to the previous Annual General Meeting, and being eligible, will offer himself for election.
- To approve the remuneration of the directors.
- To appoint auditors for the ensuing year and to approve their remuneration for the past year.
- To consider and, if deemed fit, pass with or without modification the following Special Resolution.
That the company hereby approves, as a general approval contemplated in sections 78 and 79 of the Companies Act Chapter 24:03, as amended (“the Act”), the acquisition by the company from time to time of issued ordinary shares in the company, upon such terms and conditions and in such amounts as the directors of the company may from time to time determine but, subject to the Articles of Association of the company, the provisions of the Act and the Listing Requirements of the Zimbabwe Stock Exchange (“ZSE”) as presently constituted and which may be amended from time to time, and:
- any such acquisition of ordinary shares shall be implemented on the open market on the ZSE;
- this general authority shall only be valid until the company’s next Annual General Meeting, provided that it shall not extend beyond fifteen  months from the date of passing of this special resolution;
- a paid press announcement will be published as soon as the company has acquired ordinary shares constituting, on a cumulative basis, 3% (three percent) of the number of ordinary shares in issue prior to the acquisition pursuant to which the 3% (three percent) threshold is reached, which announcement shall contain full details of such acquisitions;
- acquisitions of ordinary shares in the aggregate in any one financial year may not exceed 10% (ten percent) of the company’s issued ordinary share capital from the date of the grant of this general authority;
- in determining the price at which the company’s ordinary shares are acquired by the company in terms of this general authority, the maximum and minimum price at which such ordinary shares may be acquired will be 25% (twenty five percent) above or below the respective weighted average of the market price at which such ordinary shares are traded on the ZSE, as determined over the five  business days immediately preceding the date of repurchase of such ordinary shares by the company.
The reason for the special resolution is to grant the company a general authority in terms of the Act for the acquisition by the company of shares issued by it, which authority shall be valid until the earlier of the next Annual General Meeting of the company or the variation or revocation of such general authority by special resolution by any subsequent general meeting of the company, provided that the general authority shall not extend beyond fifteen  months from the date of this Annual General Meeting. The passing and registration of this special resolution will have the effect of authorising the company to acquire shares issued by the company.
Although the ZSE Listing Requirements allow a company to repurchase up to 20% of its issued share capital in any one financial year, the directors are only seeking authority to repurchase up to 10% of issued share capital in this financial year, being 28 272 503 ordinary shares of $0.0001 each.
Statement by the Board of Directors of the Company
Pursuant to and in terms of the Listing Requirements of the ZSE, the directors of the company state that:
- the intention of the directors of the company is to utilise this authority at a future date provided that the cash resources of the company are in excess of its requirements. In this regard, the directors will take account of, inter alia, an appropriate capitalisation structure for the company, the long-term cash needs of the company, and will ensure that any such utilisation is in the interest of shareholders;
- following the maximum number of securities to be repurchased and the date on which such repurchase will take place, the directors of the company will ensure that:
- the company and its subsidiaries will be able to pay their debts as they become due in the ordinary course of business for the next twelve  months;
- the consolidated assets of the company and its subsidiaries, will be in excess of the consolidated liabilities of the company and its subsidiaries;
- the issued share capital and reserves of the company and its subsidiaries will be adequate for the purposes of the business of the company and its subsidiaries for the next twelve  months; and
- the working capital available to the company and its subsidiaries will be sufficient for the group’s requirements for the next twelve  months.
A member entitled to attend and vote at the meeting may appoint one or more proxies to attend and vote on his/her behalf. Such proxy need not be a member of the company. The instrument appointing a proxy shall be deposited at the registered office of the company at least 48 hours before the meeting.
By order of the Board
7 March 2012
The contents of the post above were obtained from third parties, which We, AfricanFinancials, believe to be reliable. However, We do not guarantee their accuracy and the above information may be in condensed form. The reader is encouraged to refer to the original source of the information, which, in most cases, is in PDF format and on the originating company's letterhead. While We endeavour to replicate the original content accurately, We cannot guarantee the absence of errors in the above article and We disclaim any liability regarding reliance on information provided in this article.
Edgars Stores Limited (EDGR.zw)Share price: 5,700.00 ZWL cents ▲ (699.81 | 14.00% – 02/06/23)
Recent Documents & News
AGM, Corporate announcement
Edgars | Notice of AGM for the 52 weeks ended 08 January 2023 – May 23, 2023
Corporate announcement, Earnings
Edgars | Abridged Audited Results for the 52 weeks ended 08 January 2023 – May 9, 2023
Edgars Stores Limited (EDGR.zw) 2022 Abridged Report – May 9, 2023
Corporate announcement, Trading update
Edgars Stores | Notice to Shareholders – Relating to the extension of publication of reviewed results for the 52 weeks to 08 January 2023 – April 14, 2023
Corporate announcement, Earnings
Edgars | Trading Update for the 13 weeks ended 09 October 2022 – November 16, 2022