Dangote Cement, MTN Nigeria and BUA Cement account for 53% of the Top 30 in West Africa as of 30 June 2022.
Only Nigeria had positive US$ returns of 20.9% YTD, while BRVM and Ghana had negative YTD US$ returns of 5.6% and 30.5% respectively.
Fundamental valuation outliers
NOTE: Valuations figures are listed as at 30 June 2022. Please click on the company name for updated share price.
Companies with the highest and lowest Return on Equity
- Nestle Nigeria 187.3% with a share price at 1,400.00 NGN
- International Breweries -11.8% with a share price at 6.30 NGN
Companies with the highest and lowest Price Earnings Ratio
- Nigerian Breweries 37.5x with a share price at 58.80 NGN
- International Breweries is loss-making.
Companies with the highest and lowest Dividend Yield
- Guaranty Trust Bank 14.6% with a share price at 20.50 NGN
- Coris Bank Burkina Faso, BUA Foods PLC , Oragroup Togo, and International Breweries are currently not paying dividends.
Companies with highest and lowest Price Book Value Ratio
- Nestle Nigeria 51.91x with a share price at 1,400.00 NGN
- United Bank for Africa PLC 0.33x with a share price at 7.45 NGN
Download the full report
Sign up to The Investor Mailing List to receive equities reports for listed companies in Sub-Saharan African markets in your email inbox, and to AfricanFinancials’ Equity Valuation Insights LinkedIn page for access to African stock market valuation insights, annual and earnings reports.