Dangote Cement, MTN Nigeria and BUA Cement account for 42% of the Top 30 in West Africa as of 30 June 2023.
BRVM and Ghana had positive YTD US$ returns of of 0.6% and 3.0% respectively, while Nigeria had negative YTD US$ returns of 28.4%.
Fundamental valuation outliers
NOTE: Valuations figures are listed as at 30 June 2023. Please click on the company name for updated share price.
Companies with the highest and lowest Return on Equity
- Nestle Nigeria 161.6% with a share price at 1,250.00 NGN.
- Seplat Energy 3.6% with a share price at 1,399.80 NGN.
Companies with the highest and lowest Price Earnings Ratio
- Geregu Power 73.7x with a share price at 300.00 NGN.
- ETI 1.7x with a share price at 15.20 NGN.
Companies with the highest and lowest Dividend Yield
- Ecobank CI 12.3% with a share price at 5,285.00 CFA.
- Coris Bank Burkina Faso and Oragroup Togo are currently not paying dividends.
Companies with highest and lowest Price Book Value Ratio
- Nestle Nigeria 32.71x with a share price at 1,250.00 NGN.
- ETI 0.35x with a share price at 15.20 NGN.
Download the full report
Sign up to The Investor Mailing List to receive equities reports for listed companies in Sub-Saharan African markets in your email inbox, and to AfricanFinancials’ Equity Valuation Insights LinkedIn page for access to African stock market valuation insights, annual and earnings reports.