Notice is hereby given that the 2022 Annual General Meeting of members will be held on Wednesday, 28 June 2023 at 0830hrs at the Cresta Lodge Gaborone Conference Room, to transact the following business:
- To receive, consider and adopt the audited annual financial statements for the year ended 31 December 2022 together with the directors’ and auditors’ reports thereon.
- To approve the remuneration of the external auditors, Deloitte for the year ended 31 December 2022.
- To approve the appointment of Deloitte & Touche as external auditors for the year ending 31 December 2023 and to authorize the Board of Directors to determine their remuneration.
- To approve the Remuneration report for the year ended 31 December 2022.
- To approve the Directors’ remuneration for the year ended 31 December 2022.
- To re-elect Mr Moatlhodi Lekaukau who retires by rotation pursuant to section 20.10.1 of the Constitution of the Company, and who, being eligible, offers himself for re-election as a Director. Mr Lekaukau is the Managing Director of Kalahari Capital and the Executive Chairman of YMH Media Group, a diversified media holding company with interests in Botswana and Zambia. His previous roles include Acting Managing Director and Chief Investment Officer of Botswana Development Corporation, Chief Executive Officer of Standard Chartered Bank Botswana and Partner and Head of Mergers and Acquisitions at Deloitte in South Africa. Mr Lekaukau is a member of the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants, a fellow member of the Botswana Institute of Chartered Accountants and holds a Bachelor of Commerce Degree and Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting from the University of Cape Town. Mr Lekaukau has served on several boards of listed and private companies.
- To re-elect Mr Osborne Majuru who retires by rotation pursuant to section 20.10.1 of the Constitution of the Company, and who, being eligible, offers himself for re-election as a Director. Mr Majuru is a Chartered Accountant (Z) with an Accounting (Honours) Degree from the University of Zimbabwe. Mr Majuru has more than 20 years senior management experience including as Financial Director for Anglogold Ashanti in Zimbabwe, Tanzania and Isle of Man; Chief Executive Officer for Cresta Group of Hotels and Zuva Petroleum (Pvt) Limited. In 2019, Mr Majuru was appointed Chief Executive Officer in charge of the Cresta Hotels Cluster for the Masawara Group. Prior to this, he was the Group Chief Financial Officer and thereafter the Group Chief Strategy Officer for Masawara Zimbabwe (Pvt) Limited. Mr Majuru serves on various Boards including Cresta Holdings (Pty) Limited, Cresta Hotels (Pvt) Limited, Grand Reinsurance and Minerva Risk Advisors.
- To re-elect Mrs Tshepidi Ondoko. Mrs. Ondoko holds a BA Degree in Economics and Political Science from Swathmore College and an MBA in Finance and International Business from Columbia University Business School. Mrs Ondoko has a career spanning 20 years in financial services in both private equity and investment banking. She has worked for various institutions in Africa and Europe, including Aureos Capital, Goldman Sachs and Rand Merchant Bank. Mrs Ondoko is currently the Chief Operating Officer for Africa50 a pan-African infrastructure investment platform.
- To transact any other business that may be transacted at an Annual General Meeting.
Any member entitled to attend and vote is entitled to appoint a proxy or proxies to attend, speak, and vote in his/her stead, and such proxy need not be a member of the Company. The instrument appointing such a proxy must be sent to Mpho Kgosietsile by email at [email protected] not less that 48 hours before the meeting.
A copy of this proxy form is available for download at www.crestamarakanelo.com or is available via email from [email protected].
By Order of the Board
Wise Leadership Proprietary Limited
6 June 2023
Cresta Marakanelo Limited (CRESTA.bw) 2022 Annual Report
Cresta Marakanelo Limited (CRESTA.bw) 2023 AGM Proxy Form
The contents of the post above were obtained from third parties, which We, AfricanFinancials, believe to be reliable. However, We do not guarantee their accuracy and the above information may be in condensed form. The reader is encouraged to refer to the original source of the information, which, in most cases, is in PDF format and on the originating company's letterhead. While We endeavour to replicate the original content accurately, We cannot guarantee the absence of errors in the above article and We disclaim any liability regarding reliance on information provided in this article.