Notice is hereby given that the 2021 Annual General Meeting of members will be held on Tuesday, 21 June 2022 at 0900hrs at the Cresta Lodge Gaborone Conference Room, to transact the following business:
- To receive, consider and adopt the audited annual financial statements for the year ended 31 December 2021 together with the directors’ and auditors’ reports thereon.
- To approve the remuneration of the external auditors, Deloitte for the year ended 31 December 2021.
- To approve the appointment of Deloitte & Touche as external auditors for the year ending 31 December 2022 and to authorize the Board of Directors to determine their remuneration.
- To approve the Remuneration report for the year ended 31 December 2021.
- To approve the Directors’ remuneration for the year ended 31 December 2021.
- To re-elect Mr John Stevens who retires by rotation pursuant to section 20.10.1 of the Constitution of the Company, and who, being eligible, offers himself for re-election as a Director. Mr Stevens served Deloitte in South Africa and Botswana for over 33 years. Eight of those years were as partner in charge of Deloitte Botswana. Mr Stevens retired from Deloitte in 2007 and took up the challenge of private consultancy. He holds a B.Comm Degree from Rhodes University, is a fellow member of the Botswana Institute of Chartered Accountants, a member of the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants and a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales. Mr Stevens also serves as a director on the Board of Standard Chartered Bank Botswana Limited.
- To re-elect Mr Pius Molefe who retires by rotation pursuant to section 20.10.1 of the Constitution of the Company, and who, being eligible, offers himself for re-election as a Director. Mr Molefe is the Chief Executive Officer of BBS Limited. He holds a Post Graduate Diploma in Economics from the University of Sussex in the United Kingdom. Mr Molefe previously worked for Barclays Bank of Botswana and Ministry of Finance among others. At the Ministry of Finance, he was involved in the handling of all development projects. Mr Molefe was further involved in the development of policies regulating the financial services sector. He was involved in the establishment of the Botswana Stock Exchange and also served as a member in the exchange.
- To approve the appointment of Ms Angelica Bojosi as a Director on the Company Board. Ms Bojosi holds a Bachelor of Arts degree and a Bachelor of Laws degree from the University of Cape Town and a Master of Law degree from the University of Queensland (Australia). She is admitted as an attorney of the High Courts of Botswana and as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of England and Wales. Angelica has over 18 years of experience practicing law specialising in corporate finance, compliance and general commercial law in both Botswana and the United Kingdom. Ms Bojosi worked for eight years in the United Kingdom, including as General Counsel for Quadriga Worldwide Limited, a leading multinational organisation that provides a range of services for the hospitality industry. Ms Bojosi is now the managing partner at Bojosi Law, a niche law firm operating in Gaborone, Botswana specialising in Corporate Finance, Banking, Regulatory and general Commercial Law.
- To approve the appointment of Mr Ditirwa Mphoeng as a Director on the Company Board. Mr Mphoeng is a graduate of Coventry University (United Kingdom) having attained a BEng (Hons) Degree in Electrical and Electronics specialising in Telecommunications. Mr Mphoeng is a well experienced ICT practitioner with a wealth of management experience across various industries in Botswana. Mr Mphoeng is currently the Managing Director of Newline Technologies Ltd, an ICT company he founded and continues to run. Mr Mphoeng brings along a wealth of Board experience having served in the founding Board of Botswana Fibre Networks and Botswana Railways. He currently serves on the Board of Mining Development Company of Botswana.
- To approve the appointment of Mr Joseph Hundah as a Director on the Company Board. Mr Hundah is the Group Chief Operating Officer of the Masawara Group, a diversified investment holding company operating across Africa. He is an experienced executive and entrepreneur who over his career has worked across the African continent building and growing organisations in both the private and public sector. His prior experience spans various organisations including Philips SA, and numerous subsidiaries under Naspers Limited’s media arm. Joseph is also founder of Najora, an advisory, venture capital, and consulting firm. Joseph is passionate about creating, financing and transforming African businesses in the digital age into dominant local, regional and international brands.
- To transact any other business that may be transacted at an Annual General Meeting.Any member entitled to attend and vote is entitled to appoint a proxy or proxies to attend, speak, and vote in his/her stead, and such proxy need not be a member of the Company. The instrument appointing such a proxy along with the shareholder’s request for the link to attend the Webinar must be sent to Mpho Kgosietsile by email at [email protected] not less that 48 hours before the meeting.A copy of this proxy form is available for download at www.crestamarakanelo.com or is available via email from [email protected].
By Order of the Board
Wise Leadership (Pty) Ltd
19 May 2022
The contents of the post above were obtained from third parties, which We, AfricanFinancials, believe to be reliable. However, We do not guarantee their accuracy and the above information may be in condensed form. The reader is encouraged to refer to the original source of the information, which, in most cases, is in PDF format and on the originating company's letterhead. While We endeavour to replicate the original content accurately, We cannot guarantee the absence of errors in the above article and We disclaim any liability regarding reliance on information provided in this article.