NOTICE is hereby given that the twenty sixth (26 ) Annual General Meeting (“AGM”) of the Company will be held at Farm & City Boardroom, 1st Floor Farm & City Complex, No 1 Wynne Street, Harare on Wednesday 30 March 2022 at 11:00 am to consider the following business:
- To receive and adopt the financial statements for the year ended 30 September 2021, together with the reports of the directors and auditors thereon.
- To elect directors in place of those retiring in accordance with the provisions of the Articles of Association. Mr S.D. Zinyemba and Ms Muzani retire from the Board by rotation as per Article 68 and 69, and being eligible, they offer themselves for re-election. (Each Director will be appointed through a separate resolution).
- To confirm directors’ fees for the year ended 30 September 2021
- To approve the remuneration of the auditors for the year ended 30 September 2020 and to appoint auditors for the ensuing year. Baker Tilly Zimbabwe has audited four (4) financial periods for the Group to date
EXPLANATORY NOTES TO THE PROPOSED RESOLUTIONS
Election of Directors
At each AGM, one third of the directors (other than the Managing Director), or, if their number is not a multiple of three, then the number nearest to but not being less than one third shall retire. The directors retiring from office shall be eligible for re-election (Articles 68 and 69). No person other than a director retiring at the meeting shall, unless recommended by other directors, be eligible for the office of director unless, not less than seven or more than twenty-one clear days before the date appointed for the meeting, there shall have been given to the Secretary notice in writing, signed by a member duly qualified to attend and vote at the meeting for which such notice is given, of his intention to propose such person for election and also notice in writing signed by the person to be proposed of his willingness to be elected (Article 70). In summary, the CFI Holdings Limited board comprises; Ms I. V. Pasi (Group Chairperson), Messrs S. N. Chibanguza (Acting Group Chief Executive Officer), S. D. Zinyemba (Deputy Chairman),A.Denenga, A. S. Hamilton (Alternate: R. L. Hamilton) and Ms. P. Muzani.
- In terms of the Companies& Other Business Entities Act (Chapter 24.31) a member entitled to attend and vote at a meeting is entitled to appoint a proxy to attend and vote on a poll and speak in his stead. A proxy need not be a member of the Company
- In terms of clause 50 of the Company’s Articles of Association, instruments of proxy must be lodged at the registered office of the Company at least forty eight hours before the time appointed for holding of the meeting
- Members are requested to advise the Transfer Secretaries in writing of any change in address
By order of the Board
Group Company Secretary
ATTENDANCE AT ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Shareholders who prefer to attend the meeting by webinar are welcome to do so and can be availed the electronic link from the Company Secretary on [email protected] and / or [email protected] no later than 28 March 2022, 10:00 am.
The contents of the post above were obtained from third parties, which We, AfricanFinancials, believe to be reliable. However, We do not guarantee their accuracy and the above information may be in condensed form. The reader is encouraged to refer to the original source of the information, which, in most cases, is in PDF format and on the originating company's letterhead. While We endeavour to replicate the original content accurately, We cannot guarantee the absence of errors in the above article and We disclaim any liability regarding reliance on information provided in this article.