NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the 8th Annual Meeting of CEC Africa Investments Limited, a Company duly incorporated in Mauritius, will be held virtually on Tuesday 28th September 2021 at 11.00hrs (CAT) via an electronic platform the details of which will be shared with shareholders that successfully sign up on the following link: https://eagm.creg.co.zw/eagm/login.aspx
Agenda of the Meeting
1. To call the meeting to order, confirm the quorum and record proxies and apologies.
2. Resolution 1 – Adoption of Minutes
To consider and adopt the minutes of the previous meeting held on 10th November 2020
3. Resolution 2 – Adoption of the Directors’ Report and Financial Statements
To consider and adopt the financial statements for the year ended 31st December 2020, the Statement of the Chairman; and Reports of the Directors and of the Auditors.
4. Resolution 3 – Ratification of Nil Dividend Payment
To consider and adopt the recommendation of the Directors that based on the financial results of the Company for the year ended 31st December 2020, nil dividend will be declared and paid.
5. Resolution 4 – Reappointment of Directors Retiring by Rotation
In accordance with Clause 29.3 of the Constitution, Mr Amal Autar is subject to retirement by rotation. Mr Autar is eligible for reappointment.
The Directors recommend the appointment of Mr Amal Autar for a further term in accordance with the Constitution.
6. Resolution 5 – Appointment of Director
In accordance with s.138 (6)(a) of the Companies Act, 2001 of Mauritius to re-appoint Mallam Ibrahim Aliyu to hold office as a Director on the Board of the Company until the next annual meeting of the Company.
7. Resolution 6 – Appointment of Auditors
To consider and adopt the recommendation of the Board for reappointment of Messrs Grant Thornton as Auditor of the Company and to authorize the Directors to set their remuneration.
8. To transact any other business as may be properly transacted at an Annual Meeting.
- A Member entitled to attend and vote at the meeting is entitled to appoint a proxy or power of attorney to attend and vote in his/her/its place. Such proxy need not be a Member of the Company. The instrument appointing a proxy and, if applicable, the authority under which it is signed, must be deposited at the Documentary Agent’s office at 2nd Floor Block A, Green City, Stand 2374 Kelvin Siwale Road, Lusaka at least 24hrs before the date of the meeting or emailed to [email protected] and [email protected] no later than 15 minutes before the appointed time of the meeting in accordance with the Constitution of the Company.
- The proceedings of the Annual General Meeting will be streamed live and Members are required to sign up in advance at https://eagm.creg.co.zw/eagm/login.aspx
- To sign up for the AGM, a Member must have a working email and active cell phone number.
- After signing up Members will receive a confirmation email and SMS containing information about joining the AGM.
- Members will also receive, via SMS and email, their Lusaka Securities Exchange (LuSE) ID number which they must have on the day of the AGM in order to vote on the resolutions.
- The window for signing up for the Meeting will open on Friday 27th August 2021 and close at commencement of the Meeting on Tuesday 28th September 2021 at 11.00hrs.
- On the day of the AGM, Members will require to confirm their attendance with the login details that will be provided after signing up. Registration will commence at 08.00hrs on the day of the Meeting.
- To fully participate in the AGM, a Member must have a reliable internet connection.
- Queries on the registration process, how to login to the meeting or voting process must be sent to [email protected] or [email protected] or telephone number +260 950 968 435, +260 979 420 470, +260 977 519 641 or +260 979 946 143
A copy of the Notice and Agenda and the Annual Report for 2020, are available on the Company website: www.cecafrica.com
By order of the Board
Head, Corporate Services
Mauritius International Trust Company Limited
4th Floor Ebene Skies
Rue de l’Institut
Issued in Lusaka, Zambia on 26 August 2021