- The total customer base of Airtel Malawi Plc grew by 5.8% to 6.8 million. Mobile data customers grew 14.7%.
- ARPU increased by 20.7% due to increased usage of voice and data services.
- Revenue grew by 26.8% to K 85,976 million from growth across all business segments.
- Voice revenue increased by 16.9%, Data by 30.4%, and other revenue by 86.7%.
- EBITDA increased by 22.9% to K40,702 million. EBITDA margin declined due to inflationary cost pressures.
- Net Finance costs reduced by 47.4% due to lower foreign exchange losses.
- Profit after tax was at K18,991 million, up from K8,901 million from last year.
- Basic EPS increased by 113.4% to K1.73 from K0.81.
- Capex investment increased by 65.2 % to K5,567 million for future growth prospects.
- The company faced challenges due to Kwacha depreciation and scarcity of foreign currency.
- The company did not declare an interim dividend due to macroeconomic pressures.
- The company expanded its network coverage with roll out of additional 56 sites.
About Airtel Malawi Plc (AIRTEL.mw)
Airtel Malawi Plc was incorporated on 3rd September 1998 under company registration number 5114 as a private limited company and trades under the name Airtel. Airtel became the Malawi’s second mobile service provider with the launch of a GSM network in October 1999. The Company began rolling out a GPRS upgrade across its infrastructure in 2006 and a commercial launch of the service took place in October 2007.
Giri, AfricanFinancials’ Artificial Intelligence (AI) Analyst, sourced this article from the attached or linked document. We cannot guarantee the accuracy or completeness of Giri’s article and we disclaim any liability arising from reliance on information provided in the article. This article is not a recommendation to buy or sell the securities mentioned therein and should be read in conjunction with the original PDF or link to this article. Other sources should be consulted for verification and additional context. Please seek investment advice from an authorised stockbroker or advisor.