Annual General Meeting of the Shareholders of Absa Bank Botswana Limited Notice is hereby given that the 36th Annual General Meeting of shareholders of Absa Bank Botswana Limited shall be held by means of audio or audio and visual communication on Tuesday June 28 2022 at/or about 9am in terms of Section 19.9 of the Constitution of the Company for the following purpose:
1. To receive and adopt the Annual Financial Statements for the year ended 31 December 2021 together with the Directors’ and Independent Auditor’s reports thereon.
2. To appoint Sethunya Dorothy Makepe-Garebatho, Thabo Kagiso Matthews and Saviour Mwepu Chibiya as Directors in accordance with the Constitution.
3. To re- elect as Directors, Cosmas Moapare, Sari Helena Nikka and Benjamin Monaheng Kodisang who retire by rotation in accordance with the Constitution, and who being eligible, offer themselves for re- election.
4. To approve the remuneration of the Directors for the ensuing year.
5. To approve the remuneration of the Auditors, Ernst and Young Botswana, for the year ended 31 December 2021.
6. To approve the appointment of Auditors Ernst and Young Botswana for the ensuing year.
7. To approve, by special resolution, any substantial gifts made by the Company, details of which are available at the Company’s registered office for perusal.
In the event that you wish to nominate any person(s) as directors or auditors other than one of the directors retiring or incumbent auditors, you must deliver to the Company Secretary, not less than 7 (seven) nor more than 14 (fourteen) clear days before the date of the meeting, a nomination signed by a member qualified to attend and vote at the meeting with notice by the nominated persons that they are willing to be elected as directors or auditors, as the case may be.
A member entitled to attend and vote at the above-mentioned meeting is entitled to appoint a proxy to attend, speak and to vote in his/her stead. A proxy need not also be a member. A proxy form is available at the end of the 2021 Integrated Report. Proxy forms are also available at the office of the Company at Absa Bank Botswana Limited, Plot 74358, Building Four, Prime Plaza, Central Business District, Gaborone.
Completed proxy forms must be deposited there not less than 48 hours before the meeting.
By order of the Board
Kealeboga N. Bojosi