In accordance with the requirements of the Securities Act No. 41 of 2016 and the Listings Rules of the Lusaka Securities Exchange, ZCCM Investments Holdings Plc (“ZCCM-IH Plc”) announces its unaudited annual financial statements for the year ended 31 March 2018.
- The Group reported a profit of K975 million (2017: K 729 million) representing 33% increase, driven by improved production volumes of copper in most of ZCCM-IH’s investee companies and an upsurge in copper prices during the year. London Metal Exchange copper price increased by 14.8% to US$ 6,724/ton (2017: US$5,858/ton) during the year.
- The Group recorded an operating loss of K130 million (2017: profit K848 million) mainly due to Ndola Lime Company Limited’s (Subsidiary) continued loss-making position, which contributed an operating loss of K167 million (2017: K1,152 million) during the year. Additionally, the impairment of the investment in Konkola Copper Mines Plc amounting to K218 million increased the recorded operating loss during the year.
- The Group recorded a positive share of profit from equity accounted investee companies of K 689 million (2017: loss K 189 million). This movement represents 464% increase.
- Profit after tax was K 975 million (2017: K 729 million).
- The Group’s total assets increased by 13% from K9, 579 million (2017) to K10, 865 million (2018) on account of increase in the net assets of investee companies whose performance continued to improve during the year.
Download the full SENS Announcement
Provisional Abridged Financial Statements – FYE 31 March 2018
The contents of the post above were obtained from third parties, which We, AfricanFinancials, believe to be reliable. However, We do not guarantee their accuracy and the above information may be in condensed form. The reader is encouraged to refer to the original source of the information, which, in most cases, is in PDF format and on the originating company's letterhead. While We endeavour to replicate the original content accurately, We cannot guarantee the absence of errors in the above article and We disclaim any liability regarding reliance on information provided in this article.